Pregnant and Confused?
If you are pregnant and confused, call 888-228-6350!
Am I ready to be a parent?
Taking responsibility for a child can be overwhelming. Take some time to consider these questions. They may help you determine whether you are ready to parent.
About my partner…
- Does my partner want to have a child?
- Does my partner want to be a parent to our child?
- Is our relationship a happy and strong one?
- Is my partner ready to give time, energy and money to raise our child?
- Do I know my partner’s feelings about discipline, religion, family, child-raising, work and his/her future goals?
- Will a child fit into our hopes and plans?
- If my partner is unable/unwilling to parent, am I capable of raising a child by myself?
- Am I comfortable with my partner being a part of my child’s life?
These are just a few of the questions you should be asking yourself and your partner. Discuss these things with your partner, relatives, friends and counselor. Those who care about you will offer their thoughts, but still give you the freedom to make your own decision.
You want to make the right choice for you and your baby. Texas Baptist Home can help.